Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Can't remember what the game is called rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I remember borrowing a game off a former colleague with a view to playing it later. I wanted to run through the rules and try it out a bit so I could learn the basics. We never did get round to playing it though. I've been thinking about it recently and thought I might try to pick it up on ebay or something, but I can't remember what it was called and my memory of it is only sketchy. Does any of this sound familiar to any of you?

- Historical board game, based on dark ages/middle ages Europe, spanning several centuries.
- The Schism between Rome and Constantinople comes into play somehow.
- I think raids by Mongols or Huns or maybe Ottoman Turks come into it after certain dates.
- "Nations" sharing related languages are more likely to ally with each other.

I've tried to look it up in the BGG website without success, though I've come across one or two which seem similar. Any ideas from anyone would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Empires of the Middle Ages
It is almost certainly Empires of the Middle Ages:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/911

The tipoff is the bit about languages - I doubt any other game (on the same theme) has had this mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's the one.
Excellent, tool. That's a great help. Funny thing is I actually browsed that one in my initial search of this site, but it didn't look too familiar. Only when I had a closer look (your mention of the language thing made me look closer) did I find that it was indeed the one.

Thanks,

Jonah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Absolutely right terraliptar..
..they were all wrong! THanks for the effort anyway.

Jonah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.