1 Posts

Ticket to Ride: USA 1910» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First Play Using the 1910 Ruleset rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
This was our third time playing Ticket to Ride but the first with the 1910 routes and cards. First off, the 1910 cards make playing the game much nicer because those tiny cards that come with the base game are annoying.

We played a three-player game which started with my wife securing most of the Eastern seaboard while I took a more inland track from New York to Miami via Pittsburgh and Nashville. My sister-in-law started going across the southern U.S.

In the mid-game, we all drew some more tickets and the Midwest became a bit congested. Still, everyone was able to more-or-less connect up across the country.

The defining play of the game ended up being when my sister-in-law decided that it was time to connect up to Vancouver and claimed the Vancouver-Seattle route. I had just drawn the Seattle - Oklahoma City and sensed danger so I claimed Seattle - Portland on the next turn. Turns out, everyone was headed for the NW as that move effectively locked my sister-in-law out of a large amount of her tickets and locked out my wife from one of her routes. Had she not claimed Vancouver - Seattle at that moment, I would have most likely claimed the Omaha - Kansas City track and my wife would have gotten the NW routes. We figured that those few plays turned the game to my favor in the end.

Final scores were:
Me: 147 (6 tickets)
Wife: 105 (5 tickets)
Sister-in-law: 43 (3 tickets)

On second thought, maybe they just let me win because it was my birthday.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.