Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
40 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: A pretty good storage case for Dominion (with a handle for easy transporting) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: storage [+] DomCG [+] Storing [+] [View All]
Michael Kennedy

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a case I found at a surplus site:

The yellow dividers are removable, yet stay in securely.

The lid will only flip open part way, which can be fixed easily.

Cut off the little plastic tab (on the hinges) with a sharp hobby/utility knife.

Now you can flip it open all the way...

... or easily remove it to keep the box on your gaming table without the lid getting in the way.

There are "feet" on the hinge side, so you can stand it if you like.

A close up of the odd tab on the cover. It latches into the (only) slotted divider. I guess is this an extra precaution to keep the lid from flying open; but the tab is easy to remove if you like.

The lid closes fairly securely as you can see, so no worries about playing "900 card pickup" if you bump the case.

I have Dominion, Intrigue, Seaside, Alchemy and Promos in the box. The Seaside mats fit at an angle, but they fit fine (they're not scrunched up against the lid). The handle is the icing on the cake for making it easy to carry.

The case is $10 from "American Science and Surplus." You can Google their website.

It's called a Stor-It-All Box; or search for item number 92454P1.

I'm new here, and can't find the rules for external links (and don't want to get crucified just in case) so I'll let someone else post a direct link if allowed.

I got two of them, so I can store several more expansions, that I could still easily carry with two hands instead of a stack of unwieldy boxes. Considering the cost is $20 (for two cases) plus shipping, I think it's a very affordable, and user friendly storage solution, and the "Mother Nature" resistance is a nice bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good find. Quick, easy storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
kensboro wrote:
I'm new here, and can't find the rules for external links (and don't want to get crucified just in case) so I'll let someone else post a direct link if allowed.

Here's the link

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb

These are sold at KMart in Australia. I use one for Space Hulk minis.

-R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't look like it'll hold Prosperity, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't tell, are your cards sleeved? Just trying to get an idea of the width of the columns. Looks pretty nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kennedy

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Can't tell, are your cards sleeved? Just trying to get an idea of the width of the columns

no... they're not sleeved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harrison Chadd
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
NAMQVE PAVCI LIBERTATEM, PARS MAGNA IVSTOS DOMINOS VOLVNT
mbmbmbmbmb
Can any kind and generous geek out there confirm or deny that the cards still fit when sleeved? If they do, we'll have a party in New York in honor of the find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kennedy

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hjchadd wrote:
Can any kind and generous geek out there confirm or deny that the cards still fit when sleeved? If they do, we'll have a party in New York in honor of the find.

I don't know if it helps (I don't have sleeves)... but click on one of the pictures of the case with the cards in it, and look at the higher resolution images.

Is a sleeved card larger than the divider? If not, I guess that would answer your question.

Hey... maybe I should just measure one of the "bays". 4 3/16 inches wide, 2 11/16 inches tall. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A sleeved card is about 3 13/16ths, sounds like there must be a fair bit of free space beside your unsleeved cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kennedy

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moonglow wrote:
A sleeved card is about 3 13/16ths, sounds like there must be a fair bit of free space beside your unsleeved cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, looks pretty good. Thanks. Now I just need to get an NZ supplier :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
palin 2112

Arizona
msg tools
Michael,

First off welcome! This is the nicest travel/single Dominion box set up I've seen so far & I've checked out like a dozen. You would really strike a home run if u could/would show us how u printed those customized dividers. Would u create/make them & sell them on ebay or something? I want this 'set up' NOW! Thanks mate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dividers just look like the happy camper dividers or a variant of in the files section of the dominion link....

Dividers are easy, there are dozens of versions on here, something other than a dominion box to use them in... priceless
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone with this box tell me if you can lay the rulebooks atop the cards and still get the lid closed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
They don't ship to Canada!!!!

Would someone be so kind as to act as an intermediary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Coleman
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
WTF? No! They just put the item on sale and you have to buy $10 worth of merchandise. What a rip! Just .05 too low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kennedy

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salt-Man Z wrote:
Can someone with this box tell me if you can lay the rulebooks atop the cards and still get the lid closed?

I laid a few pages of printer paper on top, and although the lid presses on the paper a bit, it closes just fine.

If you use your original rule sheets, over time, I could see them getting a bit scrunched up. I'd print out a pdf of the rules and just use those, than you can keep the originals in nice shape.

If you print the dividers, you won't need card descriptions as that information is already printed on the divders in case you need to reference them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kennedy

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kennymiester wrote:
WTF? No! They just put the item on sale and you have to buy $10 worth of merchandise. What a rip! Just .05 too low.

You'll need two cases if you're going to buy Prosperity, the shipping is the same whether you buy one or two cases...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It'd be nice to be able to throw the actual books in there for Kingdom card rule clarifications, but ah well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kennedy

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salt-Man Z wrote:
Thanks. It'd be nice to be able to throw the actual books in there for Kingdom card rule clarifications, but ah well.

Easily fixed; if you print out dividers...

...you won't need the Kingdom card sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Booker
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kensboro wrote:
Salt-Man Z wrote:

Easily fixed; if you print out dividers...

...you won't need the Kingdom card sheets.

Good suggestion! Are those all available in one place somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark: look in the Files sections for dividers by "happycamper". But read on...

I got my two boxes in the mail the other day, and they look great. Though I must confess, the compartments are a little bigger than I was anticipating. The dividers available here aren't quite to my liking, so I've gone ahead and made my own from scratch, based on happycamper's work. They're double-sided, with set identifiers and other information, including the individual card rules. I'm almost done with them (all cards through Prosperity) and hopefully I'll get the files up sometime this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Booker
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'm looking forward to those dividers. Got my boxes in the mail already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mine came on Friday and I finished up my own custom dividers today. Voila:

Thanks for sharing your find!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.