Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Funky Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Vriese
United States
Newberg
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a baggie with replacement parts from Ravensburger today that included a six-sided die with three 3s, two 2s, and one 1. This die was not for the game I needed replacement parts for so I was wondering what game it does belong to.

In a box of goodies (mostly Lego) I picked up at Goodwill yesterday I found a six-sided die with a basketball theme. The numbers 2 through 6 are accompanied by a dribbling basketball player and one side shows a ball halfway in the basket. I assume that you score when you roll that side.

Anyways, are there any Geeks that know what games these two dice belong to?

Doei!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea...
I like funky dice, but yours are beyond my ken.

If you had received your 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1 die from Hasbro, I might have been able to guess a game, because Screaming Eagles and Skirmish both have similarly low-scoring six-siders. (Like, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3 for one of the Skirmish dice, IIRC).

Anyway, the basketball die sounds cool. Hope it came from a good game.

My latest favorite funky dice are the ones from Doom. Brilliant idea. One toss determines: Range, Ammo loss (if any), damage done (if any), or if the throw were a complete whiff (Miss) of whatever weapon (or limb/maw) you happen to be wielding.

The dice from Attack!, Battle Cry, and Memoir '44 are also among my faves that break the typical 2d6 bell curve for resolving fights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zwiers
Netherlands
Overijssel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Die Macher...
...has also two low-scoring dice, but not with the exact configuration you gave us.... Hmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Leach
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think...
the Ravensburger die is for the game Rainbow Fish boardgame. Which is not here on the geek, wish I had my daughter's copy still, I could add it for some GG. Are the pips on the dice different colors? Green and Red? If so that is the game it's from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Butler
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dice
I know that Outburst uses a normal looking 6 sided die, but only has 1, 2, and 3 on it. I'm not sure what the distribution is though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Vriese
United States
Newberg
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Fish
The Ravensburger die is a black painted wooden die with gold colored pips.

Doei!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
WAY!
Yeah I have a "Wayne's World" d6 with stickers on the sides, and 'pics' on those. Some are 'obvious', some aren't(that I recall) such as '10:30', "Diddle Liddle LA", and "Fish & Hook", while the others are 'Wayne', a silhouette of a 'BABE', and the 'shh-WING!' I am planning on making my own 'stickers' for use with this, so "Party ON Wayne!" and "Party ON Garth!"
kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Ho Pwee
Singapore
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the Dice Maniacs' Club
Try posting your question at the Dice Maniacs' Club:
http://groups.msn.com/DiceManiacsClubakaTheRandomFandom/_wha...

It's likely that someone there might be able to help you identify those dice.

Regards,
Keng Ho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.