Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Vinci 1st ed - Is it worth getting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fredrik Appelberg
Sweden
Piteå
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning to buy some games (Wallenstein, Euphrat & Tigris, Lost Cities) from playme.de in the near future and happened to notice that they are selling out Vinci for about 17EUR. I'm a sucker for empire building games but like them fairly light and abstract, so it seems like a nice match. However, from the look of the box it seems that it's the 1st edition they are selling. I've heard there's a new board design and better rules in the next ed; is it worth getting this cheap one or should I get the other one?

Here's the link:
http://vnh2.hsk-net.de/cgi-bin/playme.storefront/41f00c11018...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 1st edition and play it regularly. I like this game very much.

The 1st ed. rules are terrible, but it should be easy to get the 2nd edition here. The 1st ed. board is ugly, and I think they reworked that for the 2nd ed. also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a wrong counter (Barbarians) in 1st edition... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Barbarian
I believe that is addressed as well on the vinci page on the 'geek. There's an article about it...I think it's about the differences between the editions actually. So, that should be dead on.

I bought the first edition and have had no problems with it. It is true that the rules are strangely done, but it is learnable from them...that said, investigate the 'Geek for clearings of the air and peace of mind.

I enjoy Vinci. I've been very pleased that the gentleman at the store explained it to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.