Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Kingdom of Heaven rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Merv D
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I saw the preview for Kingdom of Heaven last night and was awestruck. I'm usually underwhelmed by recent epics but this one had me with the first frame. A lot of the scenes looked similar to the seige of minis tirith from RoTK but so what.

Anyway, I was trying to sort through the medieval list of games, particularly ones inspired by the Crusades. I got a headache. Maybe you guys could help me out. Are there any good games, preferably recent (last five years to now) and available that are based on the 12th century or similar time period and theme? Game machanism doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Im Zeichen des Kruezes
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1300
is a fun game that simulates the Crusades, using the same cube tower from Wallenstein.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool
This movie does sound good. For those of you who, like me, didn't know about this movie yet:

Theatrical Release Date: May 6, 2005 (Wide)

Cast & Crew:
Orlando Bloom, Eva Green, Jeremy Irons, Liam Neeson, David Thewlis. Directed by Ridley Scott

SYNOPSIS
Set in 12th century Europe and the exotic East, THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is an epic romantic action film about a young peasant (Orlando Bloom) who becomes a renowned knight, saves a kingdom, and falls in a love with a princess. From Ridley Scott, the master of the modern epic. -- © 20th Century Fox

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kingdom_of_heaven/about.php

Ridley Scott - he's done some good stuff. I'll have to remember to check this movie out in May.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Crusader Rex

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/8481

You can preorder it from Columbia's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merv D
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Pre-order indeed
Just checked out CG's site. I love the preorder discount. Looks like Crusader Rex just jumped to the top of my buy list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zwiers
Netherlands
Overijssel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I am an true believer of the Church of the Age, I will spread the word about Age of Renaissance everywhere I can!
Age of Renaissance crosses the time span of the Crusades in the first epoch of the game, with a specific card: "The Crusades", a very powerful card, especially in the first or second turn of the game!
Hence, join us in the Church of the Age, and spread The Word!!! Let this game be played!!!

caravan (they just had to be there, them camels! cool )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.