Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Derk's Wrong Opinion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Rankin
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I started listening to GeekSpeak I thought Derk was totally cool. Now I know he is a Know-Nothing Poser, in a totally GROGnads kind of way.

See item #5 in this geeklist...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

Quote:
It wasn't as good as I remember.

Stephenson's Rocket is one of the 'best' designs ever. Not just from my perspective, but in a truly Online games don't count on five and dime lists type of way. That is to say, it is objectively the coolest design ever. And that's not just the Jameson talking.

The veto round turns a blah game into a Masterpiece of ridiculous 'formatting ExTREmISm'.

Wow, that took so long that I'm almost sober again. But not sober enough to comment intelligentibly (an amalgam of intelligently and intelligibly). One of my favorite amalgamative words, along with harraneous and pitithetic.

Actually, maybe "Intelligiblently" works better.

This journal entry does not exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a noob, and not sure if you're serious. But--

Posting Guidelines:
No Attacks on Others

If you are serious, you've knocked both Derk and GROGnads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Muh-huh?
caravanwowwowwowcaravan

Who put his hoo-hoo dilly in your cha-cha?

caravanwowwowwowcaravan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
in a BASS-ackward fashion
I got to speak with Bryan for a little while in the CHAT and it might seem as if it didn't impress HIM very much, I believe. But I did LEAVE an 'impression' upon 'im, as evidenced by HIS journal entry. Maybe I AM so 'thick-skinned' as to NOT care if this is a 'shot' at me or whatever, but I am not going to be losing any sleep over it, in any case. Since I have not been able to listen to any of the Geek Speak, I can't 'say' anything in Derk's defense, so he's on his own. I am of the 'mind' that this is 'satire' as it were, so don't go TOO hard on the bloke. He admits 'posting' in a somewhat inebriated 'state'(must be the Georgia Peach Schnapps 'talking'), so we should 'give' him that! Anyway, I have my OWN 'detractors' so Derk, get some of YOUR own and quit trying to hog mine or woo them into your 'camp'. sheeeeesh! talk about an "attention Whore!"
blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnston
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Hmm
You will likely NEVER unanimously agree on a list of games with any other person. If Derk was not impressed with the game, it clearly did not have the elements he finds entertaining. I game with a group of 9 others and not a single one of us would agree on every game. Some games I feel are poorly constructed my playing partners feel are genious. I love a random element to games, some of my playing partners absolutely hate it. It just depends on what you are looking for in a game.

mrj_gamer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Boo-Hoo!
I don't like other people's opinions either. soblue
It makes me so sad Bryan....oops...i'm over it
Seriously, be one of the caravan bro yukcaravancaravancaravan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
That is to say, it is objectively the coolest design ever.

Bwahahahahhahaa... thats the dumbest thing I ever heard.

How the hell can a design be objectively rated? shake
bwahahahahahha... it still cracks me up....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
WgrapecamelecaravanLangryl blushblushthmeepleikisss yukyukiwowslemoncamel a surprisesurpriseflemoncameligrapecamelnmintcamele KETtle devildevilocryf gulpgulpflaughikissshblushlemoncamel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grognads, have you been giving people writing lessons again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How can an opinion be wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Example
How can an oppinion be wrong?

Examples:

1) Adolf Hitler was simply misunderstood. He is a hero not a Bad guy. That is my oppinion anyway.

2) It is my oppinion that all other races are inferior to the white man.

3) Miller Lite taste great and is less filling.

I could go on and on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, those are opinions, and depending on who you ask, and who is doing the asking you are going to get different answers and different responses to those answers. They aren't "right" or "wrong", so to speak.

If I say "Fish is the best food on the planet" to someone who hates fish, his view will be slightly different; not right or wrong. Am I "wrong" in saying that fish is the best food on the planet, or is that just my opinion?

In your point of view, something will be "right" or "wrong", but to someone else it might be a different case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Will
My point was that while subjective oppinion can be right or wrong based on supporting arguments.

Therefore if someone was of the oppinion that Hitler was a good man, a hero so to speak, it would be easy to disprove this oppinion. While supporting facts on this oppinion would be hard to come by.

So I think oppinions can be wrong, if one could make a valid argument against them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see your point of view on that. I still believe though that an opinion is a personal belief and not something that is labled right or wrong.

Interesting topic though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.