1 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Posting the rules to an email game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Recently there has been interest in an email wargame that I run and I usually send the player aids to any interested parties. What I would like to do is to set up a game page for my game and post all the player guides onto that page. I could also use the game page to post AARs and VPs awarded and ask opinions on various aspects of gameplay.

The problem I have is that all of the tables and factors are unseen by the players and even though players can offer actions they are never sure exactly how long an action will take to perform. All of this information is hidden and would not be displayed on the game page. This makes the game unplayable by anyone reading the player aids unless I GM the game. I am also unwilling to let the GM notes (rules) be freely available.

My question is, am I allowed to post an email game onto a game page even though the game is unplayable unless I GM it?

Is there any other areas within BGG to post such material?

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.