Thumb up
2 Posts

Pony Express» Forums » General

Subject: Caution, soggy when wet!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
First of all, my family and friends love Pony Express. When families get together at our house there are more kids than we can count. Pony Express allows everyone to play (I'll do the bluffing, JR can flick the dice) and we all have a great time. On to my dilemma...

Much to my dismay and occupation, I live in Florida. This mosquito colony is essentially an entire state built on top of a swamp. This location is bedeviled by warm temperatures, high humidity and creates a perfect storm for cold beverage "sweat."

During a heated game of Pony Express on an outdoor table last night, several of the item cards succumbed to beverage sweat and were instantly soggy and "mushy". This ruined several of the cards to the point we all know who is holding the "love letter" and so on...

Here is the question, I thought cards in board games were relatively water proof. By no means am I trying to complain, It is my own fault. I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone else with this game or with any others.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.