Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Are the AH rule writers moonlighting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cailli Knievel
Australia
Bayswater
Western Australia
flag msg tools
I recently purchased a second-hand copy of GO and I strongly suspect that either something was lost in the rules translation, or that the Avalon Hill rule writers are moonlighting:

GO Objective:
"Go" is a board game originated in China some four thousand years ago. During the game, player will maximize their cogitation as well as imagination in order to create and analyze tactical stategies so that potentiality of winning the game can be augmented. As a result, individuals can benefit from advancing their analytical abilities by mastering the essence of the game:.

All is now revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was Google language tools around early enough at the time?

I think I recall that Altavista had a rather more braindead translation tool before Google was around.

(I've noticed that Google's language tool actually changes the translation depending on the context that a word is used in a particular language.... it's still not up to par with a real translator, but it's neat.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm
Even Craig S. Taylor and Courtney F. Allen are'nt that verbose...

grapecamel

and they take some beating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frantz
United States
Wenatchee
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pretty close...
Throw in a few +1's and dr's and it would make about as much sense as the Breakout:Normandy rules did to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be any game
Change the first sentence to: "Puerto Rico is a Board Game originate in Germany some 5 years ago. Leave everything else the same. See?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.