Thumb up
1 Posts

Simple GBoH» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tracking turns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua 龙海峰 Hockaday
常常在三台,绵阳 (Santai, Mianyang) 有时候在成都(Chengdu)
四川 (Sichuan)
flag msg tools
My buddy and I have been learning to play SGBoH. We have run into many different rules questions, and one of them is concerning Turns. How do you properly keep track of turns when a side can Seize the turn?

This is the only thing I can come up with: Keep track of each sides' number of turns separately.

Red, blue, R, R (Seized), b, R, b, R, R(Seized), b, R, b, R, R (Seized), b, R, b

10 Red turns, 7 Blue turns.

As you see Red has Seized multiple times, and is now 3 turns ahead in number of turns they have actually played.

Looking at one scenario I see that one side (Red) actually has the capacity to have 11 more turns than their opponents (Blue) (that is assuming Red successfuly Seize all of their attempts, and Blue either fail every attempt or don't make any attempts to Seize, not likely but possible.) In this scenario if both Red and Blue successfully Seize all of the attempts they are given, Red will have 6 more turns than Blue.

So keeping track of the actual number of turns each side has taken seems reasonable. For instance a victory condition from one scenario states: "Macedonians have 20 Macedonian turns to rout the Triballian army."

As I see it the only way to REALLY know how many Macedonian turns have been taken it to track them individually.

Is this correct, or have I gone way off track?

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.