Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: OT: It must have been the Nyquil... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today is my first day of feeling truly human again... a nasty cold knocked me flat over the weekend and extended into Monday.

One night, I decided I couldn't just take a Sudafed, I needed Nyquil. I should always remember what happened to Alice when she picked up that bottle...

That night produced a nightmare of horrific proportions. I was watching "Return of the King: Extended Edition" in this dream, but not nearly as we know it. No indeed... it was now the Musical of Lord of the Rings. Imagine - the Corsairs dancing and singing on their ships, the Nazgul flying in formation while belting out a balland, and Aragorn singing in Gilbert & Sullivan fashion, "I am the good king Aragorn, I am the son of Arathorn..."

Ugh.

And to make matters worse, while watching this horror unfold like newspaper on three-week old fish, someone beside me was whispering rumors that the books were going to be reissued in Extended Editions. With all the new stuff Jackson was throwing in.

This is where I tried to run to the men's room to let loose.

But it got worse. The movie got to the end, with Frodo standing on the edge of the Cracks of Doom. But here it looked more like the Kodak Picture Point lookout over the Grand Canyon... inside the volcano, Sauron had very nicely put up a railing to prevent anyone from falling over the edge and into the lava. A small sign was attached to the railing, reading "On this spot Sauron forged the One Ring..." And there's Frodo, with Sam, AND Aragorn and Arwen in an embrace, and Gandalf, and just about everyone imaginable, all singing.

At this point, my own Geek Journal kicked in: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekjournal.php3?action=viewcom...

Because indeed, Frodo tossed the ring down, but it landed on a platform of rock not far below - must have been the service platform for Sauron's employees.

Frodo cursed his rotten luck, Aragorn cursed his rotten aim, and Gollum rejoiced as he scrambled down to retrieve his precious.

Upon waking from this nightmare, I finished up my LOTR: The Confrontation game on ACTS with noaceyet. The next day (today, 1/25/05 to be precise) the long-term effects of Nyquil helped me produce this session report:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/79933

It must have been the Nyquil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.