Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: DOOM vs Hybrid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark coomey
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played DOOM couple of times and kinda like it. My only beef is wish it was a bit shorter. Has anyone played both DOOM and Hybrid and can offer a comparison?

wiz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Only once
I played Hybrid only once so I cant remember too much, it's a nice game, but has a different feel compared to Doom.
In Doom you have the "few vs. many" (Space Hulk like) while in Hybrid it's "many vs. many", like a typical skirmish game. Plus, there's one important tactical difference like facing: you get better chances if you attack enemy from the back for example.

One thing I didnt like were the order counters: very poor quality, too thin. The other thing that scared me was the Games Workshop effect: you feel the urge to buy more miniatures.

For the duration, I think can vary according to the number of minis involved in the scenario. Overall I liked Hybrid, but Doom is better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.