Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone please recommend game stores in Long Island, NY? I'm looking for places to check out during a trip. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in the middle of Suffolk County. Islip to Brookhaven area. Anywhere in Suffolk county should be reachable for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
In that area you can hit Men-At-Arms Hobbies in Coram and MonkeyHead Games in Selden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions; I appreciate it. I'll check them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Heintzelman
United States
Setauket
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul's got the two that you can hit.

Living in that area and having visited both, I should say that neither one has a particularly huge boardgame selection, but Men-at-Arms definitely does better in that department. They're also a cleaner, more responsive, and better laid-out enterprise than MonkeyHead, IMNSHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In truth, neither is great. They cater to Minis more than boards. MonkeyHead is list price, Men-At-Arms discounts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And just as a cultural aside, the phrasing is "on Long Island" not "in Long Island". You can always tell if someone grew up on the Island by that phrase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback, everyone... and you've sussed my non-nativity correctly, Paul. Now that I think about it and study the map, I think I visitied both of these stores back in 2002. I think Men-at-Arms wall ALL miniatures then. The Monkey Head was a little more "grunge", but I think I found a spare Chrononauts deck there for $3.

I remember visiting another store that was very nice. I think it may have also been on Highway 25, but WAAAY down probably in Nassau County.

Thanks again for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That other one might possibly have been Cathedral games, now gone.

Or a place called Adventure somethingorother that actually leans heavily towards paintball now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.