Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: How is Thoughthammer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was getting ready to order from Thoughthammer, given the fact that they seem to have the lowest price on the new edition of Twilight Imperium...how are they as an online gaming retailer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
They're great!
I have had no problems with them. I've always found what I've needed, and the few times I've had problems, they were dealt with quickly by courteous staff. My site of choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
My only complaint is how they charge before they ship. I suppose it is my own fault. I wanted to use a credit card, and they force you to use pay pal. Thus, my TI3, etc is preordered, but I have already received the bill. (This also triggered other CC issues, but is not relevant here.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gone in with a friend on a few orders. Their selection is decent and getting better. Shipping is reasonably quick and cheap. Their prices, especially when combined with shipping, are very competitive. That said, they're still a little rough around the edges: missing shipping instructions, order mishandled, the usual stuff.

But I would definitely use them again.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have ordered from them twice so far. Good comms, excellent service and free shipping (over $100). Their prices are the best I've found. They even ordered a game in for me that I had asked about and still had the best price on it. Yeah they charge you upon ordering, but they're clear on what's a preorder/out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Donnelly
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thoughthammer very good, Fairplay even better
I've ordered from Thoughthammer before and been very satisfied with the results. The only problem, as I see it, is their stock.

Fairplaygames.com, on the other hand, has an amazing stock, and I am continually amazed by their price matching.

Just yesterday I ordered games from them, pointed out the one that was cheaper on Thoughthammer (by the way, they have the same price on TI3 as thoughthammer already), and then mentioned that even though I was ordering a few games that Thoughthammer didn't stock, if I'd placed part of my order at Thoughthammer, it would be over $100 and eligible for free shipping. Well, Fairplay gave me free shipping on the entire order as well as matching the lowest prices I quoted.

Truly an outstanding company. They've earned my loyalty. Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ciaramella
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Fairplay
I really like fairplay. I have always had good luck with them and they have taken care of a few issues like professionals (free shipping, discounts, ect..)

I dont use anyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Allen
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought Hammer gets a thumbs up from me. I put in an order with them for 5 games right after Christmas with a Tikal pre-order being part of it. I was a little surprised I got charged before anything shipped but that's tollerable for the low prices + free shipping I was getting. Then Rio Grande delayed Tikal until Feb/March instead of the early January that TH had it listed as. Now for those that don't know with TH, if you have a pre-order item mixed in with other games that are available the whole order doesn't ship until the pre-order items are available. I contacted their customer service about this since I was now looking at 2-3 months til I would get the other in stock games just because of Tikals delay and they allowed me to swap out Tikal for Cartagena (and refunded the difference) then processed the order the next day. They also offered to just drop Tikal completely but that would have put me a bit below the free shipping total and I'd prefer to get a game than pay for shipping any day of the week.

All that said, I usually go with Thought Hammer for large orders over $100 for the free shipping and I stick with Time Well Spent for the smaller orders since they typically seem to be around a dollar or so less per game before shipping charges jump in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
Excellent customer service and speedy shipping! Low prices too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even on Sundays
Good service...they kept me informed on a Sunday of the status of my order.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent
I've made one $100+ order with Thought Hammer and was impressed enough plan on ordering again in the next week or two. Prices on games, shipping costs (and time) and customer service can't be beat.

I just wish they had a bigger selection!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the journals are now searchable anyone who wants to do further reading about what has been written in the past can. Use: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekjournal.php3?action=search&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Fairplaygames.com, on the other hand, has an amazing stock, and I am continually amazed by their price matching.

In the past, my biggest problem with Fairplay was that their shipping was among the highest out there. While I have ordered from them, it was only during one of their discounted shipping promotions -- otherwise it would not have been worthwhile. Now that they've changed their pricematch policy to match the entire cost of the order, I'll have to look at them a lot closer the next time I place an order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Passmore
United States
Hymera
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TWS
My favorite place to go to buy games online is Timewellspent.org.They've got great prices,and good shipping rates.I've had no problems with delivery,and they also have a good selection of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.