Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Trias vs. Urland rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of these games have some surface similarities, as well as apparently one major scoring mechanic similarity.

I own Trias. It has the unique drifting mechanic. I like Trias, it doesn't blow me out of the water, but I liked it well enough to geek out my dinosaurs. Urland has the gene cards. Both are El Grande style area control games.

Is Urland anything so special I need to have it, or is the fun artwork just sucking me in ?

And to totally tangentalize my own question, does Urland offer anything I wouldn't be able to find in Evo ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ursuppe
Urland isn't as bad game, but it lacks spice.
Have you got Ursuppe? Ursuppe is a spicy soup indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I haven't got Ursuppe. Waiting for that reprint to finally come out.

I have some doubts Urland will ever be reprinted, that's why I'm making sure I'm not missing out on something with Urland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing Out
All you are missing out with not getting Urland is not getting to play an odd game with tremendous kingmaking issues. The genes are a bit unbalanced, and the endgame blows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.