Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Rules for Twixt? Anyone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
Just bought a used copy today and found that the rules were not included. Also not sure how many pieces there are supposed to be in the box, but compartments appear to be full and there are 4 separate boards which is good. I couldn't find a file here for rules, but wondered if anyone could scan their copy perchance....?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have 1 board that is a quad fold. Sounds like yours seperated. There is no count of how many pieces you should have. I'll see if I can get copy of the rules to you tomorrow. You might want to look inside the box lid. That's where every copy of my Twixt games has had the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Some copies of Twixt have the board sort of taped together, others use clips to hold them together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
The version I have is exactly like in the photo here at the Geek (Photo ID 2077). Didn't notice any clips in the box either. Strange, huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Reynolds
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rules found
This link should be of help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Reynolds
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link I forgot to include
http://www.abstractstrategy.com/twixt-g.html#twixt-rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
No, not strange at all.

There are many different "versions" of the game out there. I recently found my (or better: my sisters) german edition of the game.

It has a plastic board (4 parts) that have to be connected before you can game. The board is dark blue, the playing pieces red and yellow.

Looks like your edition is a bit older. Be glad you have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Quiroz
United States
Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
Thanks Elliot!
This should help a lot! (Referring to rules)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Keller
United States
SmorgyLand
Maryland
flag msg tools
Generally speaking...
...there should be 50 of each piece for "Twixt". That's
how they originally came out of 3M & AH ... can't speak
for others.

The gameboards came in either 4 pieces (should be clips
to hold together) or they were folding.

The boxes came in a variety of colors .... usually brown
(tan) or red .... but others were also printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the swap rule
There may be no small file for download on the BGG Twixt page which contains the rules, but there is a large file that does. And, there is a link to the rules, repeated here: http://tinyurl.com/4f9w9

The above "abstractstrategy" link takes you to rules which completely ignore the swap rule, also known as the pie rule. After the first player places the first peg on the board, the 2nd player has the option to swap sides if desired. If sides are swapped the player who moved first (e.g. as Red) is now the 2nd player (e.g. Black), and makes the next move. Sides may be swapped only once per game. If the 2nd player does not swap immediately after the first peg is placed, then sides may not be swapped at all that game.

The swap rule is very important. The game would be imbalanced and less interesting without it. Alex Randolph invented Twixt, and he included the swap rule as part and parcel of the game. He called it the pie rule, since it's like two people who want to share the last of the pie fairly. One player cuts the pie and the other player chooses which slice to eat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.