Barnaby Shadrack
Phreak

Fenris
Clubfoot Razorneck
Falling Sky
Zoe Sense of Snow
Ironjaw

Turn 1
Barnaby gets the Mantle of El Dorado. Caern of the Unwashed child comes out. Vlad gets Skin of the Hellbound.

I get a Termite Mounds and give Clubfoot Razorneck and Falling Sky an Assegai.

Vlad plays Sneak Attack and jumps Clubfoot Razorneck. RAR!

I use Termite Mounds to look at top 3 cards of Shadrack's combat deck. There's a Mangle there. Ew. I'd bet a donut he's got a Frenzy so will draw it...

Shadrack decides to use the Caern of unwashed Child to reduce Clubfoot's Rage to 1.

Vlad frenzies and draws 9 additional cards. Ew.

RAR! Vlad plays the Mangle. Clubfoot plays Umbral Escape and bravely runs away to the Umbra instead of being killed. If Shadrack had reduced Clubfoot's Gnosis with the caern instead, he could have got me as I couldn't have played Umbra Escape.

To the combat phase!
Count Vlad is Alpha and so is Clubfoot... in the Umbra... which means they can't attack each other. doh. Nothing happens.

Turn 2
I play Assets Seizure, forcing Shadrack to discard nonfetish equipment in his hand. He gets rid of a Nerve Gas.

I play a Big Game Hunter. Shadrack plays Pentex Supply Lines and Priest. Now the Hunting Grounds is full of stuff to kill. Shadrack buffs up the count some more with a Chronicle of the Black Labyrinth, Luna's Armor, and a Vampire Blood... making him practically unkillable.

And he plays a Mass Pollution which lowers all my charcter's Gnosis by 1. Clubfoot won't be Umbral Escaping again...

I look at my own combat deck with the termite Mounds to decide whether to discard or not. I see a defense in there so opt to discard for combat.

I've got 3 Rage raising Gifts in my hand, so should be able to survive that Caern of the Unwashed Child.

I save game.

Count Vlad is Alpha. Falling Sky is Alpha. Vlad goes first...

Vlad is felled by a server disconnect!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DAMN YOU INTERNETS!!! YOU HAVE FAILED ME HORRIBLY!!!

I was totally going to get my ass whupped by the giant vampire death machine, but it would have been a fun ass whupping.

See note from Shadrack on server list asking how to reconnect to game. I've got a save, I just need to logout. Logout and back in and he's gone again. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Final score:
Fenris: 0
Shadrack: 0
Internet: 1

DAMN YOU INTERNET!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"dial-up AOL" is a 'helluva' DOWNER... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.C. O'Neill
United States
Bethel
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least I got to record this play as game #100. It was at least a memorable milestone. a FRUSTRATING one, but memorable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Picks-at Flies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You shouldn't -need- to logout to rehost. Just click the cross on the Game tab. Of course, this is your computer we're talking about! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.