Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very cool to see that people have created custom characters, recreated marvel characters and recreated dc characters for use with this game. However, wouldn't it be cool if someone recreated the FREEDOM FORCE characters for this game? Remember them? It was a popular 2002 pc game with heroic missions of fictional silver age heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Such an awesome video game, with a MASSIVE collection of online custom content. It's had new life breathed into it by being re-released via Steam, too. As for Capes & Cowls, that would surely be cool, assuming I could actually obtain a copy of the game in the first place.

What do I have to do, sell my soul?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobloblah wrote:
Such an awesome video game, with a MASSIVE collection of online custom content. It's had new life breathed into it by being re-released via Steam, too. As for Capes & Cowls, that would surely be cool, assuming I could actually obtain a copy of the game in the first place.

What do I have to do, sell my soul?

I tried but was told it's not worth enough. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally found it. There is hope.

But I still haven't found any of the comic/serials that it's based on. Once again, if anyone has any access to any, please contact me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the Capes and Cowls game or found the Freedom Force computer game?
C&C...i have no comics, nor does anyone I believe. Freedom Force was just a computer game and they did one mini series of comics with the straight plot from the computer game.

Impr3ssion wrote:
I finally found it. There is hope.

But I still haven't found any of the comic/serials that it's based on. Once again, if anyone has any access to any, please contact me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I was finally able to buy a copy of C&C (I owned FF when it originally came out, and own it again on Steam but have yet to play it).

There aren't any FF comics that I know of, but according to the house of nine website, C&C was based on a comic/text serial by Robin Spriggs.

I've put a lot of time into searching, but it's elusive. Eventually I'll write an article or something detailing my (as yet) unsuccessful quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Yeah, I meant finding a copy of C&C, as I have copies, both Steam and hard of the FF franchise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a coincidence!

I had reloaded Freedom Force onto my computer so my grandson (6 yrs old) could play it. He loves it. After he played that for a while today, he mentioned how some of the characters reminded him of Capes and Cowls and asked if we could play a game. We did.

I had not realized this thread existed until I just checked it out. Both these games are great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impr3ssion wrote:
There aren't any FF comics that I know of...

There was a mini-series from Image Comics, covering the story of the first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timstellmach wrote:
Impr3ssion wrote:
There aren't any FF comics that I know of...

There was a mini-series from Image Comics, covering the story of the first game.

Wow, my bad. From wikipedia:

From January to June 2005, the story of the first Freedom Force game was retold in a six-issue comic book miniseries published by Image Comics. This series was scripted by Eric Dieter and featured Jack Kirby-influenced artwork by Tom Scioli. Dieter also wrote the series "bible" and served as community manager for the official website's forum, "Freedom Fans".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.