Drinky Drinky
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be the possibility of a new stat for setup time as part of the game information?

I do not know if it would be a new DB entry. This may require a new row or table addition making it too cumbersum to impliment. From there , would the setup stat be able to be modified by anyone, voted on, or at the mercy of the first person to say how long it takes to set up.

Setup time could also be a secondary stat to game length. Such as 240(20) where game play is 4 hours, but set up is 20 minutes.

I have read through reviews to see how quick games are to set up and tear down as there are times we want a more streamlined game.

The setup time would be different for everyone, but then again so are the suggested gameplay times. Yes some of those times are way off from what some games say it takes to play them. Also there would be differences if someone comes up with a personal method to speed up setup, such as how we use bead containers for le Havre.

I think this would be a valuable stat, as you can't play the game if you can't get it started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quite recently:

Suggestion: Add a Setup Time value to Board Game entries

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.