United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just some confusion here.

Can a figure take damage from a damaging area that it was already in? For example:
Voltron throws Lo-Tron into the left side of the supernova, causing +2 damage.

Next turn, Voltron maneuvers around and slams Lo-Tron through the supernova. Does Lo-Tron take the damage again, even though Lo-Tron started the turn on the supernova?

On a related topic, does a figure take damage for ending its turn on a damaging area after the appropriate unit/monster activation, or only if it was actually activated via dice?

For example, I have a Skull Ship on an asteroid field. On the Galaxy Defender's turn, they move a unit on the relay, making the asteroid fields do damage.

On my turn, does the Skull Ship take a damage if I don't move it off even if I don't activate it at all? Or does it take a damage only if I advance or attack with it without moving it off?

Thanks for any info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Questions about damaging ares (supernova, asteroid field)
Just played my first game, fantastic stuff!

We interpreted the rules as follows:
1. When a figure moves into a damage causing area, it will take damage.
2. A figure already in a damage causing area only takes damage if it was specifically activated via dice (whether moving or attacking).

Taking your examples:
1. Yes, Lo-tron takes damage again as it was slammed into a new supernova square.
2. If that particular Skull ship did not move or attack, then it would not take any damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.