Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ward
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was reading a few posts and saw that alot of people game in gaming shops, or have "game rooms" set up. I used to go to a local store and play Heroclix tournaments every Wednesday. But other than that I've always played at somebodies house, mine or someone elses. Nowadays we normally throw some gameage down in my dining room. We have a large six seater table and a bay window seat with hidden storage for our most frequently played games. The rest of the games go to the built in shelves in my basement storage room. I was just curious as to where everyone played...
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Flynn
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My core gaming group alternates between two people's houses. In both places, it is the dining room table that sees the most action. And on rare occasions where I host a game, it's the kitchen table.

I'm looking to move into a new house within the next year though, and plan to have my own dedicated game/computer room. Still just a dream at the moment, but getting closer to reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Local game stores. Other people's houses. A big classroom (with the university games group), conveniently in the building where I work. Coffee shops. Hotel ballrooms at gaming cons. And, starting tomorrow... my shiny new gameroom in my new house! Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group rotates through 6 members homes, other than that almost any where a game can be played. Unfortunately we have no games store to play at or recruit new members.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my lounge or at the kitchen table, both with the mrs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
The pub!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
A magical land of unicorns and tea parties with pixies.

I'd invite you all along but I don't care to share, so shan't.

Toddle pip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Home.
Friends' and family members' homes.
Game club meetings (lately at rooms at schools and occasionally in the outside garden of a bar).
Game conventions.
Esperanto conventions.
Trains, train stations, planes, airports, etc.
Restaurants and bars.
Parks and gardens.
Online (mostly superdupergames.org, gamerz.net, dragongoserver.net lately).

Probably I'm forgetting some places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
95% of the time in my gameroom but sometimes at the pub.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris doonan
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Depending on the games and group.
Group 1, my friends place, he is in the middle of where most of us live. and he has most of the games. As well as the only one of the 6 of us to have a table big enough to use. And sometime at the bar near one guys house because they have damn good food. (mostly card, or other small games)
Group 2,(wargaming group) the hobby shop in town, because no one has a house big enough to fit 10 to 20 people and have place to play. We also have the once and a while board game too.
group 3, the wife/family at home.

Yes I guess I am a little lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Milner
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
The pub.
At home or friend's house.
After work in the office bar.
Used to play at clubs in a community hall but I have dropped out of that from moving house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Havighorst
Germany
Haltern am See
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I irregularly attend some of London's many game clubs. London on Board and Swiggers come to mind. On top of that, I host a weekly game day at my place. Sometimes I do play in pubs but only with my girlfriend and those are usually simpler (like Coloretto for example).

HX

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Esko
Sweden
Piteå
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This large 160x100 cm kitchen table and 5 conference chairs is the center piece of my 1 room flat. It can be extended to 280 cm and I have 3 more chairs in the basement. It is a very nice setup to play games on, much nicer then my old 135x90 cm table and 4 old wooden chairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.