Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Another Christmas Blurb: The Sequel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nelson Lamoureux
Canada
Natashquan
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, in a previous journal entry of mine, I was talking about this superb chess set I bought myself for christmas. I was also saying that I would put a few pictures of this set on the our own very geek (its strange how we appropriate ourselves the geek...) for everyone to look at.

It's done.

My pics were approved so they are now available for all to see. They are pics no 64890, 64891 and 64895. All those pictures were taken with my trusty old Olympus C3020Z, at night with no flash using a tripod at iso 100 and a veeery long exposure time (between 1 and 2 seconds).

I particularly like my Charging Knight (64890) pictures because of the effect the board gives. Anyway, enjoy.

BTW, if you are interested in looking at VERY beautiful but VERY VERY expensive chess sets, take a look at

www.houseofstaunton.com

They have a remarkable selection of chess sets, pieces and board. Well worth looking at. And don't forget to take a peek at their Showcase section for an out of this world experience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
not big enough
You need to have the pictures MUCH larger. laugh

Very nice! I gave my ratings. Well done.
(I wish the charging Knight picture was smaller. I'd love to have it as wallpaper.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Lamoureux
Canada
Natashquan
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reducing the pictures
I guess you could simply grab the pictures and reduce its size using just about any image manipulation program (photoshop or other).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
You need to have the pictures MUCH larger. laugh

Very nice! I gave my ratings. Well done.
(I wish the charging Knight picture was smaller. I'd love to have it as wallpaper.)

For those who find such tasks daunting, I've made some 1024x728 versions of these pictures, appropriate for desktop background purposes:

http://people.uleth.ca/~pollej/knight_1024.jpg
http://people.uleth.ca/~pollej/knight_1024-2.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.