Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Diplomacy commentary - BGG05-1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Commentary on Fall 1904 move of BGG05-1:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekjournal.php3?action=viewcom...
http://www.floc.net/observer.py?judge=DEDO&game=bgg051&page=...

England has "rewarded" France's ill-advised trust even while convincing Russia to trust him!

Did Austria purposely let Russia into Bul to block Gre's retreat? Why did he support Ven??

Russia's build will speak volumes about his future plans.

France has a good chance to prevent further losses next year due to England's paucity of threatening armies. However, if he starts convoying armys to Pic/Bel....

I suspect that Italy will now lose Ven to Austria.

I think that Turkey's position is slowly but surely improving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turkey
I tend to really dislike playing Turkey, because of the tendancy to get pocketed and have a slow game like that.

I'd almost rather be eliminated early then just spend year after year trying to get a 4th or 5th unit.

I'm having flashbacks to a game that was like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I tend to really dislike playing Turkey, because of the tendancy to get pocketed and have a slow game like that.

I'd almost rather be eliminated early then just spend year after year trying to get a 4th or 5th unit.

I'm having flashbacks to a game that was like that.

Well, yes, but Turkey is also easily defended and can take advatage of its adversaries' weakness when they fight. I've lost a lot of games to Turkey, but I never seem to play it well and get eliminated too easy. I guess patience is a virtue for a Sultan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.