Kangyu Chia
Singapore
Varsity Park Condominium
flag msg tools
badge
Ouch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I am quite new to board games and new to this forum as well! So here's a post just to introduce myself to this place.

I got introduced to board games playing at board games cafes and found the board games there a lot more fun than boring ol' monopoly etc. My first purchase was munchkin, and loved it a lot (especially when you are playing with close friends)

I also enjoy some serious strategy games like Carcassonne (which I have on my iphone), Settlers of Catan and Puerto Rico but find it hard to find people to play it with since not many people I know would like to really sit down and engage in a strategy game.

Wonder if there are any active avid boardgamers in this forum also.. Maybe can introduce me to other games I might try

Best regards to all,
KY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Kangyu,

You will find vast amounts of information on board games that you never would have heard about before. It's a wonderful site to answer questions on any game. Enjoy!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Ho Pwee
Singapore
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG, KY!

Since it's our country's National Day today, it seems appropriate to point you to this geeklist: All About Singapore

Majulah Singapura!
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to look at some of the most recent postings of this thread:

http://geekdo.com/thread/506660/games-for-two-ideas-please-

A fellow Singaporean posted some information on informal gaming meetups. You may be able to try some other games in the meetup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Loh
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekdo is closing, ain't it? Thought the link might die off after a while, might wanna get the BGG version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kangyu Chia
Singapore
Varsity Park Condominium
flag msg tools
badge
Ouch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I must say I am somewhat surprised to see so many replies. Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

About the meetups, I was wondering if anybody plays Arkham Horror. I understand that it is a cooperative game a little like D&D, without the more complex dice rolls and stuff and I would be interested to try it out.

Cheers and Happy National Day to all fellow Singaporeans!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember someone playing Arkham Horror (base set) at the SMU meetup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Loh
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game sitting on my shelf at home. Its one of those rare games which can be played solo, for the story experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG! And happy national day to all

if you like, you can actually join a lot of gamers during the monthly meet up that is held around the island.

http://www.meetup.com/Boardgames-Singapore/calendar/11177686...

personally, i participate mostly for the toa payoh and kembangan meet ups. i can assure you they are fun and wonderful people!

do check out the meetup.com site and check the calender to which one u can attend.

where do you stay btw? east, north or west?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.