Popular Tags: [View All]
John Graham-Leigh
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems both historically reasonable and within the game rules. The Serbs are desperate to open communications with their allies and, no doubt aided by Franco-British diplomatic efforts, obtain access to the Greek port of Salonika. Greece, politically disunited, formally protests but practically acquiesces - as she did with the actual Allied occupation of Salonika.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike costante
United States
scotch plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Isn't the Entente still coughing up 5VPs for the invasion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Glass
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. In the Decision Games update only certian neutrals awards VPs if invaded. Greece is not one of them.
Ron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Duff
United States
Port St Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, an invasion of Greece DOES grant 5 VP to the non-invading side per the the Victory Point Table in 9.4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Glass
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken, you are correct. The invasion of greece does award 5 points which were not counted in the recent game that resulted in one of the few and rare CP victories.

Over the years we have waived those 5 points for Greece since we only play the historical version and activiation does not come into play. Greece isn't on the historical entry list, yet it "joins" the Allies by standing down when invaded, so we decided it wasn't really an invasion for 5 points, but more of a..."permission granted move"...for 0 points.

That might be the key here. If a western power establishes a beachhead under the " invasion as a permissive action" move, then no points awarded. If Serbia moves in, then its an invasion and the 5 points are granted.

I think I like that.

Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.