John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a gun crime thread in RSP and there was a side discussion of the movie Predators in Chit Chat. These two events jogged my memory about a conversation I had a few weeks ago at the indoor range.

I was talking to a couple of young men there and the Zombie Apocalypse came up in conversation. One fella said his buddy had taken a long barreled shotgun built for Trap or Skeet and customized it with an extended mag tube, so it holds 11 rounds, and black synthetic furniture. The buddy said, "Yeah, I put a Tri-laser on it, too."
I said, "A tri-laser? You mean like..."
"Yeah. Predator style."

I suspected bullshit but after reading the aforementioned threads, I looked it up just now. It exists. I want one for my shotgun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want one to mess with people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://combatoptical.com/catalog/Tri-Beam-Shot-Gun-Red-Laser...

Only $69.95. Operators, not telephone operators but "operators", are standing by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja This gadget is useless unless you can produce the crustacean's glottal growl. It's just more menacing that way... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
cabalzero wrote:
ninja This gadget is useless unless you can produce the crustacean's glottal growl. It's just more menacing that way... ninja
I actually can do a really good imitation of that clicking sound they made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
cabalzero wrote:
I actually can do a really good imitation of that clicking sound they made.

Me too, but it requires a Taco Bell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"black synthetic furniture"????

What, it shoots table legs or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
"black synthetic furniture"????

Not for me man. I only go for REAL furniture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:

I suppose you may shoot table legs, bar stools, over stuffed chairs, china cabinets, dressers (but not cross dressers unless they are zombie cross dressers), night stands (but not one night stands unless they too are zombies), lamps, hall trees, coffee tables, end tables... I could go on and on... well no, I couldn't. I'm at wits end when it come to furniture types.

Gun "furniture" refers to the parts that do not have to be metal, like the stock and fore end. The shotgun under discussion had had a wooden stock and fore end before this fella bought and installed synthetic after market black polymer versions of those parts to make it look "tactical" just for fun. Shotguns with 28" to 30"barrels are generally sporting/hunting guns. Legal tactical shotguns usually have 18" to 20" barrels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HAha!! I thought the gun would shoot table legs and other synthetic furniture parts as ammo!!!!!! I do believe that might just take out a zombie!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.