Subject: Is this possible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Olsson
Sweden
Ystad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game, but have some thoughts about a play-by-forum version of this game.

Would it work in reality?
I mean you could make a version of the board where the hexes are numbered and players rely on each others and don't cheat.. but what about the push rule?

Or at all, would there major problems with the "players-rely-on-each-others"..

One way would maybe to post at picture of each move?

Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly - it's pretty impossible without a third side, the GM of some kind, drawing the tiles for them. Plus, you wouldn't want to keep a track of what you've already drawn and what not, because the game'd turn sloooooow and you'd have to keep your discard pile separate from the drawing pile for hours, if not days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Olsson
Sweden
Ystad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agree..

to bad though

well, this may be just one of those games which always will be best "unplugged"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an online gaming site...

Otherwise, use Skype + webcam and play live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
Well, you could always use the "choose your tiles" variant rather than drawing them randomly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm showing up late to this, but I don't see any reason why this couldn't work. If you look at any other PBF on BGG, they use a 3rd party moderator for things like tile draws.

Even if you didn't have a moderator, it would be a "trust system" for draws, but there's hand tracking tools that could build the deck for each faction so you don't have to maintain the draw/discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
The forums now have "Enable Public Dice Rolls" for this kind of thing. I don't know how to use them, but I know they let you make public verifiable dice rolls, and that could be used (somewhat cumbersomely) for publicly/verifiably randomly selecting your tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of die rolls as well. We use them in Descent for rolling the custom dice. I also just realized you could maintain a numbered "decklist" of what's remaining in the deck, and roll a dx where x is the size of the deck to see what you draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:
I was thinking of die rolls as well. We use them in Descent for rolling the custom dice. I also just realized you could maintain a numbered "decklist" of what's remaining in the deck, and roll a dx where x is the size of the deck to see what you draw.

Yeah, it could work similar to how, in the GoT PBF, we draw Westeros cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.