California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd show off my fancy edition I built last year. I'm the graphic designer on the game and love doing Print N' Play projects so thought I'd do a super fancy edition for myself. Surprisingly its never been played! I'm planning to bring to the Gateway 2010 convention in LA. Maybe I'll finally get to break it in!

Here's everything (except the ref card which I forgot to put in shot).

A closeup to show the map & illustration detail. The maps in this version are printed on a high quality laser printer, laminated, & mounted to foam core. I put white duct tape around the edges to protect them and keep the map art down. I found the lamination (being just on the top) wants to curl up so this helps to keep the edges from popping up.

Both maps! The boards are about 11" x 15" in size so the larger standees would fit comfortably in the squares.

The heroic Marines! These were printed on full page label paper, laminated, stuck on matte board, and cut out. I got the bases from an old Star Wars boardgame.

The despicable Xeno Horde! What a horde!

All the cards and tokens. The cards were printed by Artscow. The tokens were printed on full page label paper, laminated, punched with a 5/8" circle punch, and stuck to Litko Aerosystems custom plastic bases I ordered.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my fancy edition! If you make it to Gateway 2010, say hello and maybe we can give it a spin.

Did want to point out that this is a one of a kind copy and not for sale. It took ages to hand build so not something that could be produced in quantity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Did want to point out that this is a one of a kind copy and not for sale. It took ages to hand build so not something that could be produced in quantity!

Blah Blah Blah... how much do you want for it?

Seriously, it's an amazing achievement... really makes me want to buy this game.

Can you put a dollar amount on how much all of those improvements cost you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
LoweringTheBar wrote:
ScottE wrote:

Blah Blah Blah... how much do you want for it?

Seriously, it's an amazing achievement... really makes me want to buy this game.

Can you put a dollar amount on how much all of those improvements cost you?

One million dollars!

Hard to say how much it really cost. I have access to a really nice color laser printer at work so that was basically free. I own a laminator and the plastic runs less then a dollar a sheet. The tokens I think were about $20 from Litko. The cards were less then $10. The boardgame I ransacked standees from was about $10. So maybe $50 in parts but many evenings of work cutting/sticking/gluing. The standees were the most work. I've had a lot of practice doing print n' play games so got many of the build work figured out. It's mostly just lots and lots of free time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.