Catan» Forums » General

Subject: catan settlers 5-6 player extenstion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris khost
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
hey I left a friend borrow my settlers of catan with the 5-6 player extenstion and they mixed it all up I have everything sorted but the 28 numbered discs. If anyway can let me know what numbers need to do into the expansion I would GREATLY appricated it.
Thank you !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion rules clearly say what came with it.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisjwu wrote:
hey I left a friend borrow my settlers of catan with the 5-6 player extenstion and they mixed it all up I have everything sorted but the 28 numbered discs. If anyway can let me know what numbers need to do into the expansion I would GREATLY appricated it.
Thank you !!!

The rules make it pretty clear. And in the fourth edition, at least, they are lettered. So A-R will go in the base set, and S-Zc or whatever go with the expansion. Failing that, look at the pictures in the rules for the example set-up to see what numbers are used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris khost
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
ok I got that I found where is said only uses tokens from this extension (Lettered a-y and Za, Zb, and Zc).
the only problem I have is
I organized the letters and A-E HAVE 2 NUMBERS EACH (DIFFERENT NUMBERS)
THE LETTER F HAS 3 NUMBERS A 10, 9 , 9
THE LETTERS G-J AL HAVE 2 NUMBERS EACH.
K HAS 3 NUMBERS 6,6,8
L-R 2 NUMBERS EACH
S-X ARE ALL GOOD 1 NUMBER EACH
Y HAS 2 12'S
AND za IS 3
ZB IS2 AND ZC IS A 6

sO THIS IS WHAT i AM LOOKING AT
A 5,2
B 5, 2
C 6,4
D 3,6
E 8,3
F 10, 9, 9
G 9,8
H 12,11
I 11,11
J 10, 4
K 6, 6, 8
L 3, 10
M 8, 9
N 4, 4
O 5, 8
P 6, 10
Q 3, 11
R 11, 12
S 10
T 5
U 4
V 9
W 5
Y 12, 12
ZA 3
ZB 2
ZC 6

and I do not see anything in the intructions telling me which Numbers to used in the expansion back.
Thank you for you fast reply the 1st time!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm as I think about it... you are correct. The expansion contained a complete new set of numbers. But... at least the ones I have you can look at the two sets and tell that they are different. One set has black numbers and one has grey numbers.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris khost
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
ok I did find where it said used the lettered a-y and za,zb,zc but some of my letters have 2 or even 3 numbers to a letter so which ones should I used each letter. My manuals picture just has them blank in the picutre it just shows you how to places them.
Man I am never loaning my catan out again lol
thanks for the help!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris khost
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
awesome which set has the black and which set has the grey also does the bright red go with the black? or the grey? I have started to separated them and it seems to be working. How many 6's and 9's should I have? 2 or 3 of each?
thank you soooo much for that piece of information!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris khost
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
here is a questions the instructions tels me there should be 28 circular number tokens. I saw on amazon for the 4th edition someone writing in and letting people know what is in the box and they said it was "A complete set of 30 numbered discs that matches the new, larger island.
" I copied and pasted exactly what he said!. So if that is true I am good now. or should I have 28???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris khost
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
ok I got it down to 31.
I have 2 2's

3,4,5,8,10,11,12 these numbers I have 3 of each

6,9 I have 4 of each

and this is based on if the grey colored numbers goes along with the darker red colored numbered chips.

The back and bright red chips goes in the game which when I do that I get 18 chips for the regular edition game so it must be right I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Friendly Meeple
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 5-6 expansion has these:

A-2
B-5
C-4
D-6
E-3
F-9
G-8
H-11
I-11
J-10
K-6
L-3
M-8
N-4
O-8
P-10
Q-11
R-12

S-Zc are for the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris khost
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
thank you that help me GREATLY!! and with Yours and the other two people that wrote in helping me My 5-6 player expansion is now complete once again.
THANK YOU ALL GREATLY!!!!!!!
I hope I can help someone else out like you have help me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisjwu wrote:
awesome which set has the black and which set has the grey also does the bright red go with the black? or the grey? I have started to separated them and it seems to be working. How many 6's and 9's should I have? 2 or 3 of each?
thank you soooo much for that piece of information!!!!!!!

The original number set has 2 6s and 2 8s.... the expansion set has 3 of each of those.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisjwu wrote:
thank you that help me GREATLY!! and with Yours and the other two people that wrote in helping me My 5-6 player expansion is now complete once again.
THANK YOU ALL GREATLY!!!!!!!
I hope I can help someone else out like you have help me.

Cool... glad to hear you got it sorted. I like to store mine away separated too. Although, mostly because I won't play with more than 4 players now.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisjwu wrote:
ok I got that I found where is said only uses tokens from this extension (Lettered a-y and Za, Zb, and Zc).
the only problem I have is
I organized the letters and A-E HAVE 2 NUMBERS EACH (DIFFERENT NUMBERS)

Sorry, I forgot that the extension completely replaces the number chits. It is best not to mix them, since there's no real reason to.

In the fourth edition, at least, the extension's chits have slightly different colors than the base set's. Gray and maroon vs. black and red. I'm not sure if the older editions have this. Also, the rules of the base game (4th ed.), have a picture on page 3 that clearly shows the number and letter of each tile in the game.

I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.