Subject: Terran Federation takes control -- Eclipse 3 players 6 August 2010 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
A three player game with the most recent prototype. Some slight tweaks were made after the last week's session. S played the Enlightened, T controlled the Terran Federation and A was spreading the Parasite.

Early on, the civilizations explored their immediate surroundings. The Enlightened consciousness blocked the front towards the Parasite to keep their spread at bay. President T ran into Ancient fleets in the Inner Systems, effectively creating a temporary barrier between the Terran Federation and the two alien species. The civilizations were holding back the hostile expansion while researching new technologies for their future endeavors.

Things were not looking bright for the Parasite, until the early invention of the Wormhole Generator suddenly rendered the carefully constructed fronts meaningless. Their germ pods were able to materialize right into unsuspecting systems, quickly infecting most of the Inner systems held by the Enlightened and the Terrans. Meanwhile the Enlightened focused their attention on their quest for spiritual advancement and several billion inhabitants were elevated to the highest level of consciousness on purpose-built Orbitals. This did slow their economical and scientific growth, though.

The Terran Federation improved their fleet steadily, and were the first to confront and destroy the Ancient fleets. They made a quick advance to the Galactic Center, and even though the Parasite (with the help of their lethal but fragile Vector class Rapid Offensive Units) did their best to contest the takeover, the sturdy Terran ROUs emerged victorious.

In the late game the Parasite had to desert their two outposts in the sectors controlled by the Enlightened and the Terrans, but it turned out that these systems were not of much interest to the others. Besides some minor border scuffles the general areas of influence were held by each civilization.

Despite their deep Enlightenment, the Enlightened could not match the expansion and military advancements of the Terran Federation, and the Parasite just weren't able to infect enough systems. The Terrans, led by the beloved President T, were victorious.

Design notes: The Parasite is rather tricky to play with three players. Otherwise, good stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lingwall
United States
Kirksville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks absolutely fabulous. Very busy, but fabulous. I love the art style. It seems that you've got very interesting alien powers, and some concepts that aren't being used in other games of this type. I hope you find a publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
This was an interesting game with very little conflict. You made my starting position quite challenging, but I eventually managed to get out of it with the Wormhole Generator.. I didn't play very smartly after that, though, as I failed to see all the possibilities of my species-specific rules until I had already done a few stupid actions.. like establishing those outposts in the empty hexes.. I don't even remember what I thought I could gain by that.. Anyway, the Parasite is an interesting species and definitely very different to play compared to the others.. Still needs fine-tuning, but first-class expansion material to be sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aautio wrote:
This was an interesting game with very little conflict. You made my starting position quite challenging, but I eventually managed to get out of it with the Wormhole Generator.. I didn't play very smartly after that, though, as I failed to see all the possibilities of my species-specific rules until I had already done a few stupid actions.. like establishing those outposts in the empty hexes.. I don't even remember what I thought I could gain by that.. Anyway, the Parasite is an interesting species and definitely very different to play compared to the others.. Still needs fine-tuning, but first-class expansion material to be sure!
This is another race I've been interested in hearing more about. Go on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
This is another race I've been interested in hearing more about. Go on...

I'm afraid I don't dare to say much more on this one either, before Touko or Sampo decide to enlighten us..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.