Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I apologize for breaking my own rules about posting rules questions: this may have been asked but we are about to start the game and I need a quick response.

The rules indicate you are only to use the 6 starred action cards for the first chapter and then in chapter 2, use all 12 action cards.

My question is this: do you always use ONLY the 6 action cards for chapter 1? Or just during your first game? The reference to "first game" througout the rules and setup sheet is what makes this confusing.

I assume (having not read through the cards since my wife is the one you demoed and bought this game) is that those other 6 cards have little to no use in teh first chapter and discarding one is a no-brainer, She said Mayfair taught her to use the 12 cards from the very beginning. So I am thinking this is an option rule that we can discard. But wanted to confirm that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you mean about your rules about posting questions, but as I read the rules, you only limit the action cards in chapter 1 of the first game.

That said Alex Yeager of Mayfair has indicated in other thread that you should ignore that part of the rules and use all the action cards from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DaveD wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean about your rules about posting questions, but as I read the rules, you only limit the action cards in chapter 1 of the first game.

I just meant that I always look up to see if my question is answered before I post a new thread diluting the forums here with redundant questions.

Quote:
That said Alex Yeager of Mayfair has indicated in other thread that you should ignore that part of the rules and use all the action cards from the start.

That's what I need to know. The rules are a bit confusing as to if this should just be for newbies or if it is a solid rule for Chapter 1 from here on out. But this confirms what I suspected: use all 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.