Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this, and it seemed fun, but the person playing the dungeon master generally got himself an extra die and then rolled the 12+ trap thing and kind of sniped at my heroes turn after turn. Is this a common experience with the game? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you could only do the extra die thing once per game? Isn't it a red colored option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vestas wrote:
I thought you could only do the extra die thing once per game? Isn't it a red colored option?

No, the red actions can be performed once per THREAT PHASE (See the errata).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Karvonen
Finland
Tampere
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vestas wrote:

There is an errata to that part of the rulebook: the red-colored options can only be used once per turn, not once per game. Yes, it's a huge difference.

As to the original question: no, that's really not my experience at all. Traps are indeed a powerful way to snipe humans at certain situations, but using them you are pretty much giving up doing anything else during your turn, reducing your chances to slow humans down dramatically. Once the human player realises that it's in his best interests to move and move quickly, traps are not going to stop him going places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Mikko. If the demon player is using Traps every turn, it should result in an easy win for the humans, who should focus on moving towards the exit as quickly as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never run into that problem. The traps are nice to use, but like everybody else has stated, you are limiting yourself if you over use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. Thanks, guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gargoyle wrote:
Vestas wrote:

There is an errata to that part of the rulebook: the red-colored options can only be used once per turn, not once per game. Yes, it's a huge difference.

As to the original question: no, that's really not my experience at all. Traps are indeed a powerful way to snipe humans at certain situations, but using them you are pretty much giving up doing anything else during your turn, reducing your chances to slow humans down dramatically. Once the human player realises that it's in his best interests to move and move quickly, traps are not going to stop him going places.

Oi, imagine if I never found that out? I wonder if I can avoid telling the GF this and just play byt he rules in the book. I've played a few games based on the rules in the rulebook now and that errata definitely swings the game in the demons favor a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.