Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kuehler
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this compare to Barbarossa to Berlin? I understand different mechanics (area movement vs. hex), but what about some of the "programmed" feel of BtB? How much influence is there from the Western or Med.front in this one? Are German victory conditions similar in that they try to hold off defeat longer than they actually did historically?

I like BtB, and I am interested in this one as well. Any input is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am a great fan of BtB and I find Stalins War a nice edition to card driven system. My early cripe with the game was it was too easy for the Germans to win an automatic victory, but the errata as helped.
I think the game makes it too easy to capture Lenningrad, and as it is easier to take Moscow by cutting it off than playing Tifun this is a problem.
If the Germans do not win a AV then by 1943 the game starts to swing to the soviets but they have to be very careful one error and the panzers can cut off several armies. If this occurs you get the Dance of Death as in Paths of Glory were the last one to retake supply is decesive.

I would have liked to see a 42-43 scenario instead of 41-42 which is just the Germans on the offensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.