Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Magic Realm Redeux rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So a few entries ago I wrote about how I had scored on eBay, snagging a copy of Magic Realm for a Buy It Now! of only $20. Others chimed in that they had seen that copy go up, but the description was so sketchy they refrained from bidding on it. It arrived the other day, (though no one round my house mentioned this to me), and so today I saw this package in the hall, and looked at it. It WAS my game! So I get it out, and start the sorting of the bits. When I finish, I find that the game is 100% complete! Sweet! Only one of the warning chits has an issue, and I'm pretty sure I can deal with a substitute counter. Now to dive into the voluminous rulebook. It was quite a shock to see the Second Edition rulebook, as I had never seen that one before, (my original was 1st Edition), and man it is big...

Still need PBEMs mentioned in my prior journal entry, We The People on ACTS and Breakout: Normandy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Petty
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
great score Brad, I bought a copy for $3 at the dragonflight game convention auction last summer (box was hammered but contents were nice)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Congratulations on your purchase!

If you need a replacement counter, Teresa Michelsen can probably help you out:

http://www.tarotmoon.com/MRParts/mrparts.html

I strongly suggest you skip the 2nd edition rules and download the 3rd edition... it's exactly the same game, but much easier to understand. There's no optional rules in the 3rd edition yet, but they are coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already been
To that site. Will use it if I have to!

As for the 2nd vs. 3rd Edition rules, I'm a veteran of 1st edition rules, which I was able to make sense of as a teenager, so these second edition rules don't have me in too much of a tizzy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.