Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day guys,

For the last four series of Monsterpocalypse, all you needed to do was buy a case of monsters and a case of boosters from each series to get at least one of everything...

...well sadly Big in Japan does not appear to be the same.

My monster booster was fine, but my unit booster was rife with freakin' damn, dirty apes - loads of them. I was also missing the Pacific Eye building.

In addition to this they have included these elite-elite units (named elite units) of which I only got two of. I am still short:

Hunter Kor'al
Sentient 1
Ral Kurrilik
Warlord Rifa

This new distribution is extremely frustrating. Why change it now? I don't want to have to hunt for these figures, I really enjoyed buying my two cases a series and having at least one of each figure. It was a nice, clean, easy way to keep up with the collection.

It was a known quantity and now its not.

Has anyone else been frustrated with this? Or is it just me?
Also, if anyone is looking to get rid of any of the above four models, I'll be happy to take them off your hands I can't seem to find them on the secondary market.

Please PP, bring back the old distribution!

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Warlord Rifa seems to be extremely hard to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So noob question. If I buy a monster case is it guarenteed I will get 1 of each monster or is it just 12 random monsters?

I thought it was random which is why I never bought a monster booster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get two of the character units per case and two of the three of the limited buildings. Privateer doesn't guarantee a full set of regular figures from a case, but 9 times out of 10 you do get one. Since this set was delayed at the factory, I'm guessing some cases got packed in a rush an the distribution is off.

In short, the character unit and building distribution was correct for your case and your ape-explosion was a rare, badly packed case.

Donald

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Daves
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not alone - I found the distribution in the unit cases horrible. When the character distribution (2 per case) was first announced, I voiced my displeasure over on the monpoc forums, but most people seem to think this type of thing is ok. The inclusion of only 2 monuments in each unit case as well is also just silly. I also had some odd unit assortments in one case; fortunately the second mostly made up for it. (Rise was also not very good for unit distribution - two cases still left me extremely short on elemental units). We'll see how the next set comes out, but I'm already planning on it being my last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a by the case buyer, but I did find the change unpleasant, and bordering on bait and switch. Monpoc when first advertised was talked about as a non-collectible CMG...buy purchasing 2 cases, you were virtually guaranteed of getting a full set of monsters, and at least 1 of each kind of unit and building. This was true through 4 series. S5 diverged from that, and worst of all, those ultra-rare character units? They represent significantly powerful figures that make a competitive force that much better. Maybe not Must Have figures to win, but certainly something that you should strongly consider adding to you force if you want to play with the best.

This injects 2 levels of collectibility that have for nearly 2 years been absent from the game. It's a trend that I hope does not continue.

And as a non-case buyer, I'm now stuck with a character figure (Ral Kurrilik) which I have no desire nor intention of every playing. And it's considered the worst of the character figures, so my chances of using him in a trade to get one of the 2 figures I do want is very, very low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.