Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: noob's new games weekend experience rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Marx
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Recently I purchased Bohnanza and Bang! to hold me over until I got my other games that were delayed since Boards and Bits were out of town. I brought these two games to visit my family. We only had a maximum of four people to play with, but Bohnanza was a favorite by everyone. It's a great game that has a lot of social interaction and leaves people talking about it when you box it up. Bang! was not such a great hit. Maybe, it's not such a great game with four people and is meant for larger groups. I am not writing Bang off yet, but Bohnanza was a much bigger hit with the people I was playing with. I think Bohnanza would be great with 6-7 people. Hopefully, I will be able to get a large game going. It's not always easy to get new people to play. My g/friend is all into gaming which excites me. I can't wait until I get my next shipment on Wednesday. This consists of Memoir '44, LOTR: Confrontation, Street Soccer, Ticket to Ride, and Battle Line. I have to work next weekend, but am off Monday and Tuesday. Looks like those days my girlfriend and I will be gaming. I will let you know how these other games go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with the new games.

Did you play Bohnanza first? Bang is definately better with more than 4, so that is probably it, but sometimes I womder if people have trouble switching directions... If you introduce one new game that they like and start to think about, do people get stuck on that game? If you introduce a second when they are still excited about the first, are they excited about the new game or disappointed that its not the other game?

I guess it depends on the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Marx
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Is Bang good with 4 people? Or do you need more than 4 to really enjoy it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.