Subject: Help me spend my Barnes and Noble gift card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam M
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently received a $200 Barnes and Noble gift card.

I'd like to expand my collection using all of the $200 plus a bit more to completely use up the gift card.

My current plans:

At least one coop game: Arkham Horror($60) or Red November($25), maybe both.

A train game. Mostly likely some version of Ticket to Ride($50). I'm leaning towards the original, and picking up the expansion at an FLGS if it goes over well.

1 or 2 of the following: Carcassonne ($30, or $50 with Tower expansion), Agricola($70), or Puerto Rico($45).

I'm open for suggestions to other games B&N has in stock. (Talisman 4E ($60) perhaps?)

In store or online doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick up Fresco. The game is very good. I'd suggest signing up for the email list and waiting until a 10% off coupon appears before ordering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Haulk
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
AlienKing wrote:

A train game. Mostly likely some version of Ticket to Ride($50). I'm leaning towards the original, and picking up the expansion at an FLGS if it goes over well.

I would suggest getting the 1910 expansion as well as the base. Base alone isn't worth it. imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sands
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Friend of mine used his B&N gift card to pick up Dominion the other day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam M
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
Pick up Fresco. The game is very good. I'd suggest signing up for the email list and waiting until a 10% off coupon appears before ordering.

I'll take a look, thanks.

BlueSapphire wrote:
I would suggest getting the 1910 expansion as well as the base. Base alone isn't worth it. imo.

Good to know.

flanker0308 wrote:
Friend of mine used his B&N gift card to pick up Dominion the other day.

One of my friends has Dominion and some expansions already. We play it failry regularly. Good suggestion though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I would wait until at least a 25% off coupon appeared. Their regular prices are quite high and they have coupons up to 40% at times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Heinikel
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am not mistaken (and I may be), there is a clearance sale coming up within the next week or so. You may want to wait and see what that yields. I know there was a thread talking about it a few days ago. I believe it is in-store only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Schumm
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The clearance sale has already been going on. It was in store and went 50-75 off nopw I think it is at 2 dollars. Not much is probably left. What I would do is wait for the big coupons or the buy 2 get one free coupons. You could really do some damege(in a good way) Esectailly $300 in new games. Awesome.

I would second Fresco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam M
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wonderwitch wrote:
I would second Fresco

My current list is: Arkham Horror, Red November, TTR (expansion from FLGS), Carcassonne (no expansions), and either Agricola or Fresco.

So, for anyone who has played both Agricola and Fresco, which did you prefer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
15% off code good until August 23: R8X7K7X

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.