Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: I can't believe I bought them... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Mauer
United States
Willow Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't help myself. I was there at my friendly local game shop browsing the shelf looking for Battle Cry which I found but didn't purchase... again. What should be sitting there right next to the cash register? Pirates of the Spanish Main. Without a thought in my head I bought three packs.

I really really really like the ships! Wow the ships are cool!!! Wow the game is mediocre… at best.
But I’m sure it could be better with some house rules.

However I am struggling… my problem.

Wow are the ships cool! I can see myself getting caught up with these ships like I did so many years ago with MtG. I’d collect these ships to make a whole new game. I’m fighting it, but…

And in conclusion I’d just like to say…

Wow! Those ships are cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Swart
United States
Moscow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep, they are cool!
I agree the game, needs some major tweekin. They are many like you and I who think that way. Take a look at all the suggestions and variants posted on the geek.

Those ships arrgh! cool.arrrh

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that the game is so lousy has kept me away from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Swart
United States
Moscow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What you do is find a store with a bunch of folks who play this game, and collect. Like most CCG player you can get plenty of cool ships cheap by getting thier extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard nothing but bad things about the game. On top of that...it's a COLLECTIBLE game. I've had no problem staying away from that one. Be afraid...be very afraid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nalani Mixon
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
those ships are cool
i had to have my husband put them in a box and put them up, i read the rules for the game and never even bothered playing but Man those ships ARE cool. but like all ccgs i must be kept away from them.....i must...not....give in...to...temptation

aaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaarrrr
aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggarrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.