United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam's birthday is coming up, and I was checking his wishlist to see what I might get him. To do this, I had to go over to the RPG side, where I wasn't logged in, so I saw ads I don't usually see. On the Starships of the Galaxy page:

http://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/43690/starships-of-the-galaxy

there was an ad from Funagain that said "Only $12.75 at Funagain Games"

I clicked the link, and it took me to the Funagain site, but to the page for Heroscape: Champions: Warriors of the Ghostlight Fen. I did a search for Starships of the Galaxy, and found that it was out of stock.

I'm not sure how the ads are linked or where the mix-up is happening, it may be on Funagain's end, but if someone new came to BGG, it might give a bad impression, or otherwise frustrate them, so I wanted to mention it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Hrm. Odd that. I'll talk to Chaddy about it, since he knows much more about that system than I do...

Also, you can use your BGG credentials to log into RPGG and not see ads there. Our login cookies last a looooong time, so once you do it you won't hafta again for a long time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derk wrote:
Hrm. Odd that. I'll talk to Chaddy about it, since he knows much more about that system than I do...

Also, you can use your BGG credentials to log into RPGG and not see ads there. Our login cookies last a looooong time, so once you do it you won't hafta again for a long time...

Thanks.

I'm logged onto both at home, but I was on a computer at work, and not planning on geekmodding or replying, so I didn't take the time to log in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.