Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I know that most if not all of you will say, "I throw them away." In the long run this is what happens to mine, but before they get thrown away my kids like to use them as stencils to draw on paper.

Anyone else have kids that like to do this? Is there any other fun things that can be done with a punched out chit sheet?

Just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I used to save mine to give to a friend who taught at the elementary school level. I bet that's what she used it for.

Now she's moved away and mine mostly just fill up every square inch in my house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:

I used to save mine to give to a friend who taught at the elementary school level. I bet that's what she used it for.

Now she's moved away and mine mostly just fill up every square inch in my house.

you could shread them and use it as insulation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put them under the box insert and then keep them forever. Who knows why. Fortunately they usually fit pretty well, for obvious reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Certain games I have benefitted from putting them underneath the insert, because it raised the insert enough to be flush with the top of the lid. This helps keep the components in their proper places if the game box gets tipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Certain games I have benefitted from putting them underneath the insert, because it raised the insert enough to be flush with the top of the lid. This helps keep the components in their proper places if the game box gets tipped.

I have never done this but have heard of it being done. I may start just to see how well it works for me, but then I'm depriving my kids of stencils. Man the difficult decisions that life brings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was giving them to a friend for his girlfriend to use scrap booking. But, I seemed to have overwhelmed her and she said 'no mas'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:

I have never done this but have heard of it being done. I may start just to see how well it works for me, but then I'm depriving my kids of stencils. Man the difficult decisions that life brings.

It would work well for games with special inserts like Alhambra. I regret throwing away the counter sheets because I stack the games sideways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
I was giving them to a friend for his girlfriend to use scrap booking. But, I seemed to have overwhelmed her and she said 'no mas'.

Same here! If the punch sheet is a solid color or otherwise cool-looking, they go in my wife's scrapbooking kit. The punch sheet for the coins in The Speicherstadt was particularly nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hodkinson
Canada
Owen Sound
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
兵者,詭道也。
badge
mbmb
celiborn wrote:
I put them under the box insert and then keep them forever. Who knows why.

I tell people that no matter how closely I check, I can never be sure that I haven't missed a piece.

But since I also keep the sheet/booklet that advertises other games in the same game box, it may be I believe that it came with the game so it's part of the game. Removing any physical piece from the game is removing part of the game.

Some day there will be a support group for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Milner
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Normally I recycle them with the rest of the cardboard, but the other day I got a copy of Fjords, which uses hexagonal tiles. I punched out the tiles and was going to recycle the sheets, but one of my artists noticed them and thought they were interesting and took them home to do a project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Guantanamo wrote:

Same here! If the punch sheet is a solid color or otherwise cool-looking, they go in my wife's scrapbooking kit. The punch sheet for the coins in The Speicherstadt was particularly nice!

I just picked that game up last night and I was thinking the same. Shame I just threw it away. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ant Lawrance
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spin mine around my finger, like the child I am , before slinging them into the bin.

But I do keep box inserts, until expansions get brought and everything gets dumped in the one box (Carcassonne, Memoir, Battlelore) although I still keep the inserts because 'I could use that' but never can/do. The Carcassone box inserts are next to useless, apart from as a source of thin card, once removed from their boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take them out into the backyard at night and burn them as a sacrifice to the gaming gods...

...actually I just throw them away. They have served their purpose and should be disposed of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Infomanohio wrote:
...actually I just throw them away. They have served their purpose and should be disposed of.

Me too, though I used to keep them. A few years ago I threw some totally empty chit sheets that I'd had for over 20 years. And you know, they never did become useful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nies
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use them in scratch-built miniature buildings for wargaming/rpg's and I'm also in the process of making minimalistic miniature spaceships for use with a variety of space-battle miniature games. I'll post a few when I wrap them up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My almost 2-years old son likes to punch out chits so much that he asks me to put unpunched chits back to the sheets. Then he punches them out again. This can be done over and over again.It does not work with every sheet - out of my recent purchases I can recommend Space Alert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The square sheets from Small World were the perfect size for making a Volcano board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imploded wrote:
My almost 2-years old son likes to punch out chits so much that he asks me to put unpunched chits back to the sheets. Then he punches them out again. This can be done over and over again.It does not work with every sheet - out of my recent purchases I can recommend Space Alert.

Why don't you just buy a ton of new games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy vercruysse
Belgium
bredene
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Do you not see?
badge
That if you kill him with the pill from the till by making with it the drug in the jug, you need not light the candle with the handle on the gâteau from the château.
mbmbmbmbmb
if i open a new game, everything in the gamebox stays in the gamebox. the sheets come on top inside the box because it keeps most pieces in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quohog the great
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewhodkinson wrote:
celiborn wrote:
I put them under the box insert and then keep them forever. Who knows why.

I tell people that no matter how closely I check, I can never be sure that I haven't missed a piece.

But since I also keep the sheet/booklet that advertises other games in the same game box, it may be I believe that it came with the game so it's part of the game. Removing any physical piece from the game is removing part of the game.

Some day there will be a support group for us.

I'm the same way i keep most if not all inserts with the games, i've gotten better with this in recent games but several games i have still have the punched chit sheets.

and there is a support group.

A d12 step program!

Q
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:

Yes, I do this when applicable. If it doesn't make a difference, they go for recycling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Swartz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Imploded wrote:

For some titles - the old Dune comes to mind - the sheets make an excellent organizer. You just pop the pieces back into place after each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.