Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for Kyle. I'm glad to know that if I had to get bounced, I got bounced by the eventual winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to getting this game in a few weeks time - haven't played yet.

How many people played in the tournament, and with experienced players how long did a game take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red_gamster wrote:

How many people played in the tournament, and with experienced players how long did a game take?

Can't say how many were involved, but my first round was against a first time player playing with the beginner deck. We went through 15 states before McCain scored 272 EV. It went about 45 minutes, although it felt like 2 hours due to our seat location. My seat was right under a vent and I froze my ass off. My second round game against Kyle was in a better location and also took probably close to 45 minutes even though we went down to the wire state-wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How did this do as a tournament game?

Were you (and the players in general, and the other organizers) happy with the competition that the game provided?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
red_gamster wrote:

Though there aren't any good tools for it on BGG, if you painstakingly look through the play logs in reverse order, it takes awhile just to find 10 games with logged times. Those average 50.2 minutes per game.

And while I suspect that experience could shave 15 minutes off that, I would think that adding the deck-building phase (not playing the introductory rules) would add a good bit of that time back into the mix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.