Hide
6 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Southeast Asia Scoring Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Rogers
msg tools
Alright, so I know Southeast Asia gets scored when you play the Asia Scoring Card, but my question is whether the Southeast Asia scoring rules apply in that case? In other words, if I play the Asia scoring card and have control of Malaysia, do i get +1 VP or only when the Southeast card is played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the Southeast Asia scoring rules only apply with the Southeast Asia scoring card and not with the Asia scoring card. For your example, Malaysia should not get 1 VP with the Asia scoring card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Southeast Asia Scoring is its own thing. For Asia scoring, just follow the points on the scoring card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henric Fröberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Seize the Road
badge
For Captain Hammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if the game reaches the Final Scoring after Turn 10, the SE Asia is not scored separately. Only the whole Asia region is scored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
In Summation:
Asia Scoring (as in the Early war,) tally up all countries in Asia, including SE Asia and score appropriately

SE Asia Scoring (introduced in the Mid War): Tally only SE Asia and score 1/country and 2 for Thailand. Discard SE Asia Scoring after it's been played --> it's only scored once per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rogers
msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.