Subject: Storage of extra tracks. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Outback Ranger
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Is there enough room in the base game box to store the extra tracks? If perhaps the insert is removed? Do all tracks fold-up to the same size? Would appeal to me to get extra tracks if didn't have to store individualy.
This question seems silly but I am a long way from a game store and order everything online.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the tracks fold up to the same size. The extra tracks are just 2 map boards, a sheet with any special rules, and a paper "wrapper" with the graphics on the outside and blank on the inside.

The original (Monaco) track and 2 expansions sets currently out will fit in the box if you take out the plastic insert. You have to stack the plastic dashboards together in 2 stacks and slide them in next to the track boards but they'll fit too. It would help to keep the other parts (gear shifts, damage peg/counters, cars, etc) in some zip-lock bags or something similar just to keep things together.

In all, it's a tight fit but it can be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Outback Ranger
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Thanks for answering this so quickly Rasslor. Perfect explanation of how to squeeze it all in. Glad it can be done. Will be placing an order for some extra tracks for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
When the time comes that there are more expansions than room, with the original game, I went to one of the office supply stores and bought a single plastic filing cabinet drawer. If I had the Tenth Anniversary and the Baharain/Shanghai expansions, I'm not sure both would fit. I store them on edge from side-to-side. Don't remember if it was $12 or $20. It's been quite a while.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
And by tight fit, it's extremely tight. The plastic dashboards take up a lot of room, and once everything is in the box sides bulge a little.

I store 2 tracks and all the game components in the box. For the 3rd track I just wrap a big rubber band around the 2 sections to keep them together. Everything is on a solid shelf in a close so I don't have to worry about anything slipping away.

It'd be nice to worry about having to store more tracks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.