Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: NEED HELP FOR BOARD GAME PROJECT! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Den Wy
msg tools
Guys I need your help for a project in my marketing class. Its a short survey about board games. Please take some time to answer it. Thanks. Here's the link to the survey

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=ay6vsaox7o...

your contact info won't be collected
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
denwy8 wrote:
Guys I need your help for a project in my marketing class. Its a short survey about board games. Please take some time to answer it. Thanks. Here's the link to the survey

There are several spelling, grammatical, and formatting issues in your survey, and your all-caps thread title is annoying. If you want to encourage people to participate in your project, you should try to present yourself in a more professional manner.

The questions themselves also have some problems. The first question asks what type of games one plays, but only allows the user to select one option. What if I like to play both strategy and adventure games? And I don't really understand why you chose those particular four categories. Board games are more than just dice, word, strategy, and adventure, and many of those categories overlap.

The second question seems to have a duplicate answer. Excepting maybe cooperative games, one-on-one and two-player are the same thing.

Some of the options in question 3 are vague and not properly explained. Does "size" mean the size of the box, or the space needed on the table when set up? Does "game concept" include just the theme, or the mechanics as well?

None of the options in question 4 are properly defined.

And questions 6 and 7 have vague responses, and the options for those and question 8 seem rather limited. And what if the participant has no preference?

I chose not to respond to the survey due to the above issues, but I hope my comments help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob James
msg tools
I concur with Greg here.

The first four questions alone are so poorly framed I cannot answer them.

Quote:
. What kind of board games do you like to play?
a. Dice games (Snakes & ladders, Monpoly)
b. Word games (Scrabble)
c. Strategy games (Chess, checkers)
d. Adventure (DragonStrike, Minion Hunter)

I play war games and some euros if they're interesting. I don't see any option I can answer here.

Quote:
*2) 1. How many players do you prefer to be play with in a board game?
a. one on one only
b. 2-3
c. 4-5

Don't give a damn. If I can get a face-to-face opponent I'm pleased as punch.

Quote:
*3) What attributes do you look for when buying a board game? Choose all that apply
a. Size
b. Game concept
c. Packaging
d. Brand name
e. replay value
f. quality of materials within the game

How about none of the above?

Quote:
4) What do you prefer in a board game?
a. Traditional flat board game
b. Foldable board game
c. Board games with assembly parts

What is the difference between a "flat board game" and a "foldable board game"? And why would I care? As I recall, even Monopoly has a foldable board, and what's wrong with card-stock or paper?

What is a game with assembly parts and why would anyone place that criteria high on a list, unless perhaps they were a miniatures player?

All of these are unanswerable for many people. Your survey is completely ill-formed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cassar
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with the above people, I am unable to answer questions 1 - 8

1. What kind of board games do you like to play?

No preference with the choices given. Maybe cooperative games if I was forced to choose but they can be strategy, word, adventure etc.. so????

2) 1. How many players do you prefer to be play with in a board game?

Again, no preference, some games suite 2-3 players, other games suite more?

3) What attributes do you look for when buying a board game? Choose all that apply

I could anser B, E and F but the most important reason isn't there which is that I enjoyed it when I tried it out.

4) What do you prefer in a board game?

I like the idea of modular board games, but would you put that under flat or a game that has assembly parts because I assume the later your refering to 3D boardgames like mousetrap?

6) Would you be interested in playing a board game about water crisis?
That doesn't really give me anything to go by? Is it a game about a boat thats sinking, a beach with riptides, a drought?

7) 8) - Don't understand what you mean by the choices given

On a good note I can answer questions 9-19

Question 20 - What is a lot of money?????

Question about gender and age should be questions 21 & 22. Either that or questions 9-19 should be listed as 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4 etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.