Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Haesendonckx
Belgium
Antwerp - Schoten
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am moving 4 spaces with an army that has only 4 unspent corps, do I NOT roll for attrition (since I don't have spent corps ninja ) but rather just spent all my unspent corps? zombie

So, when I move again 4 spaces, I will have to roll 1d and match it with '4' on the table.

Did we get that right? arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A force takes attrition as soon as it enters its third space, and then again if it enters a fourth space. Your corps would be spent entering the third space, which would then reduce their MR by 1 making them ineligible to enter a fourth space.

In reality, for the most part forces can move only two spaces without complication (which is appropriate for this scale). MR is much more important for interception/withdrawal then for movement allowance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Davis
England
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I read 12.3 correctly, any fresh army or corps that moves three (3) areas automatically becomes spent, and has its MR reduced by 1 immediately.
So, your army couldn't make the fourth move anyway...

Now (and again if I read 12.3 right), if your fresh army had moved three areas and entered a mountain area as its third area, the sequence is as follows:
1. all fresh corps become spent (three or more areas, first cause of march attrition)
2. you roll for march attrition for all the spent corps (second cause of march attrition), including the ones you just turned to their spent side.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Levy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about if some of the corps in the army are spent and some are fresh? Does that change anything?

For example: Napoleon was attacked and defeated, and he withdraws with one other corps, and both are spent. Next round, Napoleon moves one space and picks up 2 more corps who are both fresh, and then continues two more spaces.

Is the result of that 3rd move that all 4 corps in the army are now spent?

What if Napoleon and 1 more corps were fresh and they pick up 2 spent corps and then moves to a 3rd space? Is it the same result, i.e. all 4 are now spent?

My understanding is that it's the army leader who determines whether the army is fresh or spent. So if the leader (Napoleon in this case) is fresh, all corps get spent on the 3rd move. If he is spent (no matter if there is a fresh corps underneath), then you're rolling a die on that 3rd move. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fresh corps would become spent, and you would roll attrition for the previously spent corps (as if they were there own force).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.