Popular Tags: [View All]
William Koppelaar
Netherlands
Leerdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wonderding wether some of the 3+ or 4+ occs can be used in 2 player games?

I want to know this, because my girlfriend and I are getting to a point where the 1+ occupations are getting a bit boring (we are already mixing them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly they can [I mean, they're in the box...], but that's not the intention.

Try getting the Z-deck, O-deck, etc. They each add a couple new 1+ occupations that generally have more exciting effects than the 1+ occupations in the basic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
They are if you want them to be, but be aware that a good number of them simply don't apply (cf. Traveling Players), and some of them would be extremely unbalancing. Other than that, go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Every once in a while my wife and I will play with the 3 and 4 player occs in our 2p game. We just discard the ones that aren't applicable and use the rest.

But like MisterG said, there are some that are very unbalancing for only 2p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Sure. You just have to cull through them, using your judgment as to which once are either inapplicable or poorly balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.