Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Kellogg
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a Unit (Army, Henchman or Hero) is eliminated you lose Prestige points. For each Unit lost you lose 3, 4 or 5 points respectively. If you don't have Prestige you lose ONE monster of your choice.

Is this one monster per Unit lost that you can't pay for? Or is this just one monster to cover all the rest you can't pay for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Zdanio
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this at Gencon and they said it is only one monster to cover all of the Prestige you are missing.

Also remember that you only lose Prestige in step 7 of fighting a monster, not every time you lose a Unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sadler
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
when would you loose to a monster.... i mean "HOW" would you loose to a monster... the attack and defense values are known to you and you can take your sweet time adding all the numbers you want.... unless your really really bad at math... when/how/why would you EVER loose to a monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Zdanio
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone drops a counterspell (can't remember the actual name) on you there is a chance you could fall short. Basically either a math error or player hate will cause you to loose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kellogw wrote:
When a Unit (Army, Henchman or Hero) is eliminated you lose Prestige points. For each Unit lost you lose 3, 4 or 5 points respectively. If you don't have Prestige you lose ONE monster of your choice.

Just to be clear: you're talking about losing units in combat with Monsters, right? When in combat with other players, you don't lose PPs for losing units - instead the other player gains PPs.

sadjam00 wrote:
when would you loose to a monster.... i mean "HOW" would you loose to a monster... the attack and defense values are known to you and you can take your sweet time adding all the numbers you want.... unless your really really bad at math... when/how/why would you EVER loose to a monster?

I've wondered the same thing! In fact, for a while I wondered why this was even in the rules, and that it would have made more sense for the rules to allow attacking a monster only if you could defeat it. Why would you attack a monster unless you're going to win? Was this penalty just to punish stupidity? Losing a unit plus losing prestige points is pretty harsh! But as Kurt points out, I suppose there is a rare situation where an opponent might play a spell (e.g. Magic Shield) to turn a win against a monster into a loss.

Should this even be permitted, however? We have been playing that spells like Burn, Flee, or Chain Lightning may not be played by other players when you're in combat against a Monster, because these other players aren't part of that combat. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.