United States
Laurel Springs
NJ
flag msg tools
Last Great Read
badge
Last Great Read
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that a city is either entrenched or it isn't, and that entrenchment can not be "stacked". I just started a game where my opponent used a march to entrench Washington.

Thanks,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
mixmaster wrote:
I would think that a city is either entrenched or it isn't, and that entrenchment can not be "stacked". I just started a game where my opponent used a march to entrench Washington.

Thanks,
Mike

You're correct. One cannot additionally entrench in an entrenched city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Laurel Springs
NJ
flag msg tools
Last Great Read
badge
Last Great Read
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Moshe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Margewich
United States
Clifton
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get that you can only receive the benefits of entrenchment once per city, but can I re-entrench a city to add more units to the entrenchment bonus?

The rules state that only units in the box at the time of entrenchment receive the benefit. If I add more units they are placed on top of the entrenchment marker to show that they are not entrenched. Can I, in a future turn, re-entrench the box so that all of the units are again under the entrenchment marker / receive the entrenchment protection?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Don't hang around, 'cause two's a crowd on my cloud, baby.
badge
If I were to hang my head, I'd miss all the rainbows. And I'd drown in raindrops instead.
mbmbmbmbmb
glenn69 wrote:
I get that you can only receive the benefits of entrenchment once per city, but can I re-entrench a city to add more units to the entrenchment bonus?

The rules state that only units in the box at the time of entrenchment receive the benefit. If I add more units they are placed on top of the entrenchment marker to show that they are not entrenched. Can I, in a future turn, re-entrench the box so that all of the units are again under the entrenchment marker / receive the entrenchment protection?

If you're talking about a permanent entrenchment location, you don't have to do that. The rules state:

Quote:
Permanent Entrenchment Locations: Any unit that begins a Player Turn in one of the following boxes is automatically considered entrenched:
Washington (DC)
Richmond (Virginia)
Fort Monroe (Virginia)
Vicksburg (Mississippi).

So, if you add more units and leave them there, they're automatically entrenched at the beginning of the next turn.

But if you're talking about some other location where you've built entrenchments, then yes--you can use one march (for a recruitment location) or two marches (for a non-recruitment location) to entrench more units there (i.e., move them underneath the entrenchment marker).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Margewich
United States
Clifton
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I was asking about the locations that are not considered permanent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.