Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wishart
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I will have 3 players at the game table tonight and I'm pondering what to play. I figure there is enough time for 3 games... maybe a 4th if I'm lucky.

At the table is myself, the owner of 95% of the games, my favorite game is Puerto Rico, but my most frequently played game in the past month has been St. Petersburg. I prefer Euros but am not averse to wargames from time to time.

To my right is my roommate, got his board gaming start with Magic the Gathering, and is my most frequent opponent. His favorite game is Race for the Galaxy.

To my left is my brother, who has been playing board games with me for years. He likes to design games just like me but has a tendency to get distracted during game sessions (stupid Ipod touch). His favorite game is hard to say, but his most frequently played game in the last month is Revolution.

On the list of games for the evening we have:

Steam
Power Grid
Puerto Rico
Agricola
Ticket to Ride
Dominion
Race for the Galaxy
St. Petersburg
Ra
Risk 2210
Pandemic
Carcassone
Revolution
Frontier Tycoons (a game of my own design, check it out here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/64243/frontier-tycoon...)

The other option is play testing some games currently in development. We'll see how much energy we have.

So for 3 players, what would you recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
This site needs a forum where we can put the faux offended so we can ignore them.
mbmbmbmbmb
Start with a couple of rounds of Race for the Galaxy,

Then a game of Agricola,

Finish with a game of St Petersburg.

At least, right at this moment, that's what I'd do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Smith
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use this tool:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/477878/whattoplay-a-down...

(geeklinks not work atm, sorry -- probably I need to restart my browser).

There's a field in there for "best with x players", I use that to filter then sort by rating or weight, depending on how I feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sicaria Occaeco
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need Brass: Lancashire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try to take over the world!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.